Skip to main content

The Footman and I

The Footman and I


The Footman’s Club Book 1

by Valerie Bowman


⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5


What happens when a couple of lords get into their cups while strategizing how to find a wife? A scheme, that’s what! In The Footman and I we are introduced to four friends that decide to help their fellow lord find a woman that loves him, not his title… and they will use a house party and dress up as servants to find a woman with a true heart.


But what happens when you find the love of your life while disceiving her as a footman… not to mention she hate’s what she knows about the real you??? Now the real work begins!


This was such a fun story of peer and lower classes finding an insta love match. I loved the banter between the the Earl in disguise come footman, Lucas and social justice warrior Miss Frances. These two made a great pair as a footman and a lady, I am eager to see if they pop up in the future books in their roles as Earl and Countess!


A sweet romance and simple courtship direct this book- if you are looking for hot and steamy liaisons, kissing will have to suffice. I will say that the limited steam did not distract from my enjoyment of their growing relationship and attraction. 


Overall, this was a good read and I’m excited to see what he other lords were up to while they pretended to be servants. The mutual respect and consideration the character showed each other was a delight! Truly, what’s the harm in one little lie about your identity, when you have learned and know the others heart!



The Footman and I by Valerie Bowman released June 30th, 2020 and is available now!



I received a complimentary copy of this ebook from June Third Enterprises through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.


 

 

#TheFootmanandI  #ValerieBowman #pinkcowlandreads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Love

Remember Love Ravenswood series, Book 1 by Mary Balogh ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 Historical romance queen, Mary Balogh introduces us to another brilliant extended family and reminds up to remember love in one swoop with this series opener! First off, this epic second chance romance gave me pure romantic chills that were remittent to reading Jane Austen’s Persuasion. Her beautiful storytelling and detailed descriptions and character building really immersed me into this story and made me root for second chances and love! Childhood neighbours, Devlin Ware and Gwyneth Rhys never know the other felt the same attraction and pull towards the other until the stars aligned at the neighbourhood fete and they finally discover their mutual affection… but they were not mean to be young lovers, since family scandal befalls Devin and he is banished from his family home.  White no where to go and a determination to shed his innocence and become a man, he enlist in a foot regiment… and stays away at war ...

A Bride's Guide to Marriage and Murder

A Bride's Guide to Marriage and Murder Countess of Harleigh Mystery, Book 5 by Dianne Freeman ⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 They finally got hitched!! Fans of the Countess of Harleigh Mystery series will be happy to hear that before any murder took place Lady Harleigh and Mr Hazelton were married with all their friends and family in attendance! But there was definitely a murder mystery discovered before the end of the wedding breakfast! This was such a treat! As a series fan I was so happy to see Francis and George finally get married and now as Mr. and Mrs. Hazelton continue their detective work. These two are the ideal Victorian era couple goals. They easily work together on mutual goals and know how to play up each other’s strengths, while compensating for any weaknesses. They are definitely better together! This book has all the trappings that we come to expect in love from the series, including quirky with relatives with plenty of drama, nosey neighbours and friends and an intriguing ...

Court of the Vampire Queen

Court of the Vampire Queen (Omnibus rerelease of the Bloodline Vampires novella trilogy) by Katee Robert ⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 Robert’s is widely known for her storytelling mastery when it comes to polyamorous relationships and this one delivers! COTVQ organically adds members to the relationship in ways meaningful to the plot and that add to the relationship dynamic as a whole. This FMMM relationship is steamy as all get out, but also integral. I admit I came to this book for the heat, but the world creation and mission these vampires set out out on together kept me interested in between key to scenes. One of the highlights for me was meeting our favourite demon Azazel as he finds his monster brides!!! Overall, this book had tons of blood and bedroom activity ( often at the same time), but it was also a transformative story for our would-be queen, Mina. I loved seeing her come out of her shell and find her own power and strength through her sexuality. The sex positivity and freedom was...