Skip to main content

This Cowboy of Mine

This Cowboy of Mine

Wrangler of Wyoming, Book 2

by R.C. Ryan

⭐⭐⭐ /5



I felt like this book was like reading making a sandwich… with the bread made out of drama and some filler in the middle.


This book started out with LOT’S of action and excitement when Kirby and Casey meet under strange circumstances in a cave during a blizzard. I love how their strained circumstances forges a bond between them. Kirby and Casey make a great pairing, but I found the middle of the book with them coming to terms with their feels out of sync with the action at the beginning and end of the book. The difference in pacing made it drag in the middle for me. I felt like I was constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop… which it does!


In general I like the character and the story was good and entertaining, but pacing changes made it difficult for me to rate this book any higher. I would be interested in reading more from this author and/or series to see if the pacing was an anomaly in this book.




This Cowboy of Mine by R.C. Ryan is scheduled to release December 15th, 2020.


I received a complimentary copy of this book from Forever Grand Central Publishing) through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.



 

 

#ThisCowboyofMine #RCRyan #Netgalley #pinkcowlandreads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Love

Remember Love Ravenswood series, Book 1 by Mary Balogh ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 Historical romance queen, Mary Balogh introduces us to another brilliant extended family and reminds up to remember love in one swoop with this series opener! First off, this epic second chance romance gave me pure romantic chills that were remittent to reading Jane Austen’s Persuasion. Her beautiful storytelling and detailed descriptions and character building really immersed me into this story and made me root for second chances and love! Childhood neighbours, Devlin Ware and Gwyneth Rhys never know the other felt the same attraction and pull towards the other until the stars aligned at the neighbourhood fete and they finally discover their mutual affection… but they were not mean to be young lovers, since family scandal befalls Devin and he is banished from his family home.  White no where to go and a determination to shed his innocence and become a man, he enlist in a foot regiment… and stays away at war ...

A Bride's Guide to Marriage and Murder

A Bride's Guide to Marriage and Murder Countess of Harleigh Mystery, Book 5 by Dianne Freeman ⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 They finally got hitched!! Fans of the Countess of Harleigh Mystery series will be happy to hear that before any murder took place Lady Harleigh and Mr Hazelton were married with all their friends and family in attendance! But there was definitely a murder mystery discovered before the end of the wedding breakfast! This was such a treat! As a series fan I was so happy to see Francis and George finally get married and now as Mr. and Mrs. Hazelton continue their detective work. These two are the ideal Victorian era couple goals. They easily work together on mutual goals and know how to play up each other’s strengths, while compensating for any weaknesses. They are definitely better together! This book has all the trappings that we come to expect in love from the series, including quirky with relatives with plenty of drama, nosey neighbours and friends and an intriguing ...

Court of the Vampire Queen

Court of the Vampire Queen (Omnibus rerelease of the Bloodline Vampires novella trilogy) by Katee Robert ⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 Robert’s is widely known for her storytelling mastery when it comes to polyamorous relationships and this one delivers! COTVQ organically adds members to the relationship in ways meaningful to the plot and that add to the relationship dynamic as a whole. This FMMM relationship is steamy as all get out, but also integral. I admit I came to this book for the heat, but the world creation and mission these vampires set out out on together kept me interested in between key to scenes. One of the highlights for me was meeting our favourite demon Azazel as he finds his monster brides!!! Overall, this book had tons of blood and bedroom activity ( often at the same time), but it was also a transformative story for our would-be queen, Mina. I loved seeing her come out of her shell and find her own power and strength through her sexuality. The sex positivity and freedom was...