Skip to main content

Indecent

Indecent


The Pheonix Club, Book 4

by Darcy Burke

⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5


Indecent is the forth book in the Phoenix Club series and tells picks up where Intolerable left off… which turned out to be with Viscount Glastonbury accidentally kidnapping Prudence Lancaster, the destitute companion to his target!


Well of all the kidnappers I’ve read about, Glastonbury has to be one of the kindest and most desirable… I think I got Stockholm syndrome from this kidnapping, because I was fully on the side of Glastonbury and Prudence making a go of it!


I fell for this kind and bumping kidnapper as all his plans are foiled from the wrong girl being nabbed to the broken carriage and snowstorm that strands them together at an inn. And as for Prudence, her backbone and heart made her a heroine you wanted to root for on the way to her HEA!


But it was not as easy for these two… obviously, Glastonbury was after Prudences wealthy charge, he needs money and he can’t let his heart get in the way of taking care of his family and estate. That would be a tough pill to swallow, but Pru totally understands and accepts this! These two! My heart went out to them!


I don’t want to give away many other details… but they have a wild ride full of surprises and revealed secrets on the way to their HEA.


I was surprised at how easily I fell for this pairing, they may be my favourite of the Pheonix Club yet! 


Though this is the 4th book of the series, author Darcy Burke does a great job setting up the characters and the background to have new readers jump in at this point, making this book easily read as a standalone.



Indecent by Darcy Burke was released January 25th, 2022.



I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author and through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.



 

 

#Indecent #DarcyBurke #Netgalley #pinkcowlandreads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Love

Remember Love Ravenswood series, Book 1 by Mary Balogh ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 Historical romance queen, Mary Balogh introduces us to another brilliant extended family and reminds up to remember love in one swoop with this series opener! First off, this epic second chance romance gave me pure romantic chills that were remittent to reading Jane Austen’s Persuasion. Her beautiful storytelling and detailed descriptions and character building really immersed me into this story and made me root for second chances and love! Childhood neighbours, Devlin Ware and Gwyneth Rhys never know the other felt the same attraction and pull towards the other until the stars aligned at the neighbourhood fete and they finally discover their mutual affection… but they were not mean to be young lovers, since family scandal befalls Devin and he is banished from his family home.  White no where to go and a determination to shed his innocence and become a man, he enlist in a foot regiment… and stays away at war ...

A Bride's Guide to Marriage and Murder

A Bride's Guide to Marriage and Murder Countess of Harleigh Mystery, Book 5 by Dianne Freeman ⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 They finally got hitched!! Fans of the Countess of Harleigh Mystery series will be happy to hear that before any murder took place Lady Harleigh and Mr Hazelton were married with all their friends and family in attendance! But there was definitely a murder mystery discovered before the end of the wedding breakfast! This was such a treat! As a series fan I was so happy to see Francis and George finally get married and now as Mr. and Mrs. Hazelton continue their detective work. These two are the ideal Victorian era couple goals. They easily work together on mutual goals and know how to play up each other’s strengths, while compensating for any weaknesses. They are definitely better together! This book has all the trappings that we come to expect in love from the series, including quirky with relatives with plenty of drama, nosey neighbours and friends and an intriguing ...

Court of the Vampire Queen

Court of the Vampire Queen (Omnibus rerelease of the Bloodline Vampires novella trilogy) by Katee Robert ⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 Robert’s is widely known for her storytelling mastery when it comes to polyamorous relationships and this one delivers! COTVQ organically adds members to the relationship in ways meaningful to the plot and that add to the relationship dynamic as a whole. This FMMM relationship is steamy as all get out, but also integral. I admit I came to this book for the heat, but the world creation and mission these vampires set out out on together kept me interested in between key to scenes. One of the highlights for me was meeting our favourite demon Azazel as he finds his monster brides!!! Overall, this book had tons of blood and bedroom activity ( often at the same time), but it was also a transformative story for our would-be queen, Mina. I loved seeing her come out of her shell and find her own power and strength through her sexuality. The sex positivity and freedom was...