Skip to main content

Kamila Knows Best

Kamila Knows Best 


by Farah Heron

🎧Narrated by Soneela Nankani


⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5



Jane Austen novels were the gateway to my love of romance!

Kamila lives with her father and works for his accounting firm. She loves her dog, planning parties and setting up her friends. But she is so much more!!! She takes care of her father, she volunteers, she is always going above and beyond for those she loves… including her family fried, Rohan. She’s known Rohan’s since she’s been a child… he’s one of the most comforting presences in her and her father’s lives… what will she do if he gets together with her old frienamy who’s back in town???

I absolutely loved matching up the characters with their Emma counterparts. I had a few moments of surprise… that I kicked myself over later when I compared it to the original. This was an impressive retelling. Farah has brought Emma to modern time but has kept all the parts that make it great. I think the placement of the characters within the Muslim culture really helped add the structure needed to create such a true retelling, while also modernizing and freshening up the story!

🎧I listened to the audiobook and absolutely loved narrator, Soneela Nankani. She brought Kamila to life for me! The quality of the audio, including the addition of a few sound effects, link a text notification, made me feel as if I was listening to a full theatrical production of the story… 🤔 that totally has me thinking that Kamila would make a great movie!🎥 (just putting that thought out into the universe😉)

Overall I just adored Kamila & Rohan (and all their friends 🥰) and their sweet friends to lovers romance.



Kamila Knows Best by Farah Heron was released March 8th, 2022.



I received a complimentary copy of this book from Forever Publishing through NetGalley and the audiobook from Hachette Audio. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.



 

#KamilaKnowsBest #FarahHeron #Netgalley #pinkcowlandreads


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Love

Remember Love Ravenswood series, Book 1 by Mary Balogh ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 Historical romance queen, Mary Balogh introduces us to another brilliant extended family and reminds up to remember love in one swoop with this series opener! First off, this epic second chance romance gave me pure romantic chills that were remittent to reading Jane Austen’s Persuasion. Her beautiful storytelling and detailed descriptions and character building really immersed me into this story and made me root for second chances and love! Childhood neighbours, Devlin Ware and Gwyneth Rhys never know the other felt the same attraction and pull towards the other until the stars aligned at the neighbourhood fete and they finally discover their mutual affection… but they were not mean to be young lovers, since family scandal befalls Devin and he is banished from his family home.  White no where to go and a determination to shed his innocence and become a man, he enlist in a foot regiment… and stays away at war ...

A Bride's Guide to Marriage and Murder

A Bride's Guide to Marriage and Murder Countess of Harleigh Mystery, Book 5 by Dianne Freeman ⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 They finally got hitched!! Fans of the Countess of Harleigh Mystery series will be happy to hear that before any murder took place Lady Harleigh and Mr Hazelton were married with all their friends and family in attendance! But there was definitely a murder mystery discovered before the end of the wedding breakfast! This was such a treat! As a series fan I was so happy to see Francis and George finally get married and now as Mr. and Mrs. Hazelton continue their detective work. These two are the ideal Victorian era couple goals. They easily work together on mutual goals and know how to play up each other’s strengths, while compensating for any weaknesses. They are definitely better together! This book has all the trappings that we come to expect in love from the series, including quirky with relatives with plenty of drama, nosey neighbours and friends and an intriguing ...

Court of the Vampire Queen

Court of the Vampire Queen (Omnibus rerelease of the Bloodline Vampires novella trilogy) by Katee Robert ⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 Robert’s is widely known for her storytelling mastery when it comes to polyamorous relationships and this one delivers! COTVQ organically adds members to the relationship in ways meaningful to the plot and that add to the relationship dynamic as a whole. This FMMM relationship is steamy as all get out, but also integral. I admit I came to this book for the heat, but the world creation and mission these vampires set out out on together kept me interested in between key to scenes. One of the highlights for me was meeting our favourite demon Azazel as he finds his monster brides!!! Overall, this book had tons of blood and bedroom activity ( often at the same time), but it was also a transformative story for our would-be queen, Mina. I loved seeing her come out of her shell and find her own power and strength through her sexuality. The sex positivity and freedom was...