Skip to main content

Part of Your World

Part of Your World


The Friend Zone, Book 4

by Abby Jimenez
🎧Narrated by Julia Whelan; Zachary Webber


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5


Is it possible to capture lightning in a bottle again and again? 


Well for Abby Jimenez it seems to be! Her latest book, Part of Your World delivered everything I was looking for AGAIN!


I experienced all the ranges of emotions while reading. From laughter, giddiness, awkwardness, anger, fear, and anxiety as I fretted over the characters HEA. (Ps. Thanks the gods for HEA’s - I wouldn’t have survived without it!)


This story feels like the novelization of Billy Joel’s Uptown Girl- your classic class difference romance, but Abby brings it up a notch but comparing and contrasting so many aspects of the characters. Healthy relationships vs unhealthy, differing support systems, family obligations and legacies… Alexis and Daniel couldn’t be more different and yet so the same and perfect for each other!


Beyond the amazing relationship story we are also given a realistic portrayal of domestic partner abuse. Depicting both physical and emotional, we are shown characters experiencing abuse, struggling to escape, working through the trauma and coming full circle assisting other victims. I appreciated the struggle portrayed and the varied reactions characters faced. Domestic violence has many aspects and can affect anyone- across all walks of life. I feel in my heart that this book has given be a better insight into this issue and I hope it will for others too, even just in a supporting role.


I was fortunate to have an audiobook version of this book and I found the dual narration from Julia Whelan & Zachary Webber was a delight to listen to. Both narrators had a vivid style of reading that helped create bright imagery for me while they acted out the story. Their expression and rhythm made this book fly by. Zachary Webber especially shined during the group scenes, varying his voice and unique voicing and cadence for all the characters involved.


Overall, I can’t recommend this book enough. If you need something to lift you spirits, you can’t miss with an Abby Jimenez book.



Part of Your World by Abby Jimenez is scheduled to release April 19th, 2022.



I received a complimentary copy of this book from Forever Grand Central Publishing through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.



 

#PartofYourWorld #AbbyJimenez #NetGalley #pinkcowlandreads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Love

Remember Love Ravenswood series, Book 1 by Mary Balogh ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 Historical romance queen, Mary Balogh introduces us to another brilliant extended family and reminds up to remember love in one swoop with this series opener! First off, this epic second chance romance gave me pure romantic chills that were remittent to reading Jane Austen’s Persuasion. Her beautiful storytelling and detailed descriptions and character building really immersed me into this story and made me root for second chances and love! Childhood neighbours, Devlin Ware and Gwyneth Rhys never know the other felt the same attraction and pull towards the other until the stars aligned at the neighbourhood fete and they finally discover their mutual affection… but they were not mean to be young lovers, since family scandal befalls Devin and he is banished from his family home.  White no where to go and a determination to shed his innocence and become a man, he enlist in a foot regiment… and stays away at war ...

A Bride's Guide to Marriage and Murder

A Bride's Guide to Marriage and Murder Countess of Harleigh Mystery, Book 5 by Dianne Freeman ⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 They finally got hitched!! Fans of the Countess of Harleigh Mystery series will be happy to hear that before any murder took place Lady Harleigh and Mr Hazelton were married with all their friends and family in attendance! But there was definitely a murder mystery discovered before the end of the wedding breakfast! This was such a treat! As a series fan I was so happy to see Francis and George finally get married and now as Mr. and Mrs. Hazelton continue their detective work. These two are the ideal Victorian era couple goals. They easily work together on mutual goals and know how to play up each other’s strengths, while compensating for any weaknesses. They are definitely better together! This book has all the trappings that we come to expect in love from the series, including quirky with relatives with plenty of drama, nosey neighbours and friends and an intriguing ...

Court of the Vampire Queen

Court of the Vampire Queen (Omnibus rerelease of the Bloodline Vampires novella trilogy) by Katee Robert ⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5 Robert’s is widely known for her storytelling mastery when it comes to polyamorous relationships and this one delivers! COTVQ organically adds members to the relationship in ways meaningful to the plot and that add to the relationship dynamic as a whole. This FMMM relationship is steamy as all get out, but also integral. I admit I came to this book for the heat, but the world creation and mission these vampires set out out on together kept me interested in between key to scenes. One of the highlights for me was meeting our favourite demon Azazel as he finds his monster brides!!! Overall, this book had tons of blood and bedroom activity ( often at the same time), but it was also a transformative story for our would-be queen, Mina. I loved seeing her come out of her shell and find her own power and strength through her sexuality. The sex positivity and freedom was...